Dairy-Free Coconut Cold Foam for Iced Coffee
Coconut cream refrigerated overnight makes the perfect base for a non-dairy cold foam. Add a little honey and roasted coconut flakes and you have a decadent coffee drink looking ahead to those warm Summer days.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 1 (400ml) can of coconut cream refrigerated, overnight*
• 1 tablespoon sweetener (powdered sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc.)
• 1/2 pint coffee
• 1/2 teaspoon honey
• Toasted coconut flakes
1. Add 75 grams of the coconut cream to a bowl.
2. Add your sweetener to the coconut cream and mix.
3. Mix the coconut cream until it becomes light and fluffy. It should have a similar texture to whipped cream.
4. Rim the edge of a glass with honey and roll in toasted coconut flakes.
5. Fill the glass with ice and add coffee.
6. Top with the coconut cold foam and enjoy!
*If you cannot find coconut cream, use 1 (400ml) can of coconut milk as follows:
Refrigerate coconut milk overnight. (Light coconut milk will not work for this recipe.) When you open the can, the top layer should be a solid layer of coconut cream. Scoop this layer into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of sweetener.
Note: This will make about one serving, depending upon your can of coconut milk.