How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Because the coffee grounds used to make cold brew are not exposed to high temperatures, the coffee tends to be more flavourful and less bitter. Depending on your coffee-to-water ratio, cold brew can have more caffeine than your average cup of hot or iced coffee, but that’s totally up to you!
Here are our steps for making YOUR perfect cold brew.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Cold brew coffee maker
• Burr grinder
• We recommend a medium blend for cold brew.
1. Weigh and grind your coffee. Adjust grind setting on burr grinder to grind coarser than medium. Our recommendation for a great cold brew coffee is a ratio of 1 ounce of coffee to 10 ounces of water.
2. Pour in your coffee grounds. Add coffee grounds to inside of filter basket.
3. Add the basket to your brewing vessel, making sure it is secure.
4. Zero out your scale and use again to measure your desired water amount for brewing.
5. Pour water. Add in all room temperature water gently.
6. Refrigerate. Seal and close the cold brew vessel and store in your refrigerator for 16 to 24 hours.